The much loved Grant Park Cooperative Preschoolis throwing their annual Art Show and Silent Auction this Saturday, March 6, at Eyedrum Gallery. While I usually loathe “”Top 10″” lists (When did Letterman start doing them? Twenty-five years ago? Have we not found a more inventive way to articulate our ideas? Are we all just that lazy?), I’ve decided to defy my inner-voice and do one anyway:
10. If you’ve never been to Eyedrum Gallery, you’re missing out. It’s one of Atlanta’s great art galleries/performance spaces.
9. The Grant Park Cooperative Preschool serves 120 families at their Grant Park and Cabbagetown campuses. It’s an invaluable community resource, and you’ll feel great for supporting it!
8. If there’s one area that the ecomomic meltdown has bludgeoned worse than education, it’s the arts. Show these local artists some love.
7. There will be very cold Sierra Nevada served.
6. Auction items include a trip to Argentina, a weekend stay at St. Simons Island, hundreds of dollars in gift certificates and tickets to Atlanta-area events.
5. Local band The Wipes will be playing.
4. Dinner is included- which, if you work it right- is probably all you can eat.
3. As a cooperative, parents are involved in contributing inside the classroom to their children’s education. Isn’t that what community is all about?
2. You read about it on A Is For Atlanta. Would I ever lead you astray?
… and the number one reason for attending this weekend’s Grant Park Cooperative Preschool Art Show and Silent Auction…
1. At $20 a head, it’s $10 cheaper than driving about a half-hour north and seeing Eddie Money at Wild Bill’s in Duluth.
The Relevant Linkage
Edit Credit: Grant Park Cooperative Preschool