Below, the latest and greatest version of our monthly newsletter.
If you’re not on the list, sign up contacting us here.
Say hello to 2017, the land of resolutions, new chapters and fresh starts.
There’s nothing like the month of January for turning a new page and beginning anew.
A few Atlanta recommendations to help make the first month of 2017 (and the year ahead) spectacular…
1. Sing Lots of Karaoke– Whether you’re belting out Billy Joel, harmonizing to the Indigo Girls or losing your mind with DMX, there’s nothing quite like Karaoke. We like Karaoke Melody for its proximity to the city’s best sushi, Korean stone bowl and Brazilian steak.
2. Learn How To Make Mole– Look up “win win” in the dictionary, and you’ll find the Atlanta Community Food Bank’s Simple Abundance series. In this edition, you’ll learn how to make a variety of Mexican moles from Alma Cocina’s Chef Chad Clevenger, while supporting the efforts of one of Atlanta’s most vital non-profits. January 23rd at the Cook’s Wharehouse in Brookhaven- bring your appetite!
3. Date Night Alert: Do The Tango– No more boring dinners and movies in 2017. Join Tango Orchestra Club Atlanta on January 19 at the Red Light Cafe for a night of live music and tango. Watch, listen… tango.
4. Spend MLK Day Helping Others– Volunteer with the Decatur Preservation Alliance for their annual MLK Service Project. It’s an awesome community project, with volunteers working at senior citizens’ homes in Oakhurst doing yard work and making greatly needed repairs that elderly homeowners cannot afford. January 14-17, hit up the link for more details.
5. Embrace Your Local NPU– Atlanta has 25 Neighborhood Planning Units, better known locally as NPUs. NPUs are citizen advisory groups that provide recommendations to the City Council and Mayor on planning issues and zoning, and are one of the best ways you can learn more about how our city functions, and how your voice can be heard. No time like the present to get more engaged, and no place better than your own back yard.
Whether you choose to tango, help others, sing karaoke or just Netflix and chill… here’s to making the most out of 2017. If you know anyone thinking about buying or selling a home, don’t keep us a secret- we’d love to help!
Sign up for the newsletter to land directly in your own inbox below: