Just sent out my October A Is For Atlanta newsletter- for those of you who haven’t signed up yet (ahem, convenient sign-up box in the left hand navigation), check out the copy below:
Leaves are falling, temperatures are dropping, sequesters have been shut down and the Dawgs are slipping. It’s October in Atlanta, y’all!
The Atlanta “bucket list” for the month ahead. Time to get busy…
1. Get to know Historic Druid Hills on one of the Atlanta Preservation Society’s acclaimed walking tours.
2. Chili, beer, bluegrass, art and community. Don’t miss Cabbagetown’s annual Chomp and Stomp.
3. Hit the Rialto Center for the Arts for world class Afro-Brazilian dance. Bale Folcorico da Bahia is one night only (November 1), and you don’t want to miss it.
4. Am1690 is the best radio station in Atlanta. Regardless of time of year/day, you should be listening to it.
5. November 5th is election day. City Council, Mayor, Board of Education… it’s a big one. No excuses: VOTE!
6. Lawyers can sing and dance! “A Courthouse Line X: Back in the Black”, the all-lawyer, musical comedy is the signature event of the Atlanta Bar Association and is raising funds for some great causes.