To live in Candler Park is to love Candler Park. It’s just one of those neighborhoods where no one ever wants to leave, and where everyone wants in. Must be the biscuits.
It’s hard boiling down the reasons to live in a neighborhood in to just a few bullet points, but that’s the task at hand (and let’s face it: you’re likely reading this on your phone anyway), so that’s what’s going to happen:
1. The Park Itself– Candler Park is 55 acres of green goodness. It features a pool, playing fields, tennis courts, playground, and a nine-hole golf course. It hosts tons of great events ranging from movie nights to beer festivals.
2. Pedestrian Friendly– Unlike much of Atlanta (sigh), you’re actually able to walk places in Candler Park. Of course there’s the park, but there’s also a host of restaurants, bars, shops, pools, parks, churches, yoga studios, trails and other amenities that don’t require residents to start their engines.
3. Quality Retail and Dining– Living in a walkable neighborhood is one thing- living in a walkable neighborhood where you’ve got incredible options to choose from is a whole other ball game. I’m not going to go through the entire roster, but it’s safe to say when you’ve got Fox Brothers, Candler Park Market, and the original Flying Biscuit steps from your front door you’ve pretty much got all of your food and beverage bases covered.
4. A Fantastic Neighborhood School– Parents are ga-ga over Mary Lin Elementary School. Hard to quantify the level of passion, but safe to say that this is one school that’s got super passionate supporters and cheerleaders. And, of course, it’s within walking distance of every home in the neighborhood.
5. Great Houses– Craftsmans, Bungalows, New Construction, Moderns… Candler Park has a wide variety of fantastic homes. And speaking of great houses, now that I’ve begun to answer why you should live in Candler Park, I can begin to answer where you should live in Candler Park: my new listing at 316 Clifton Road. Tons of great living space, private back yard and walkable to all of the fantastic amenities listed above. Awesome house.
You ought to get to know Candler Park better- it’s a fantastic neighborhood, with an active neighborhood association comprised of lovely people.
And you should really get to know my listing at 316 Clifton Road better. Great house, and undoubtedly the best value in the neighborhood right now. For more information, and tons of pictures, make your way here. To chat further or schedule a showing, contact me directly.