It’s June in Atlanta, which means it’s officially summer! Time to crank up your favorite summer anthem (mine is DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince’s “Summertime”), put on your flip-flops and fire up the grill. Of course, if you’re looking for a little bit more, I’ve got a few ideas for you…
1. Join The Atlanta Moon Ride– Ever wanted to go on a midnight bike ride (in costume!) with thousands of friends? On Friday, June 8, The Atlanta Moon Ride is your opportunity to ride through town for a great cause (Bert’s Big Adventure). Pre-party starts at 7, ride at 11.
2. Eat Ridiculously Delicious Vietnamese Food At Nam Phuong– If you’ve never been, quit putting it off. If you’ve been, you know what I’m talking about. And, if you want to know my favorite dish in town, shoot me an email and I’ll tell you what you absolutely need to order.
3. Hit The Ice… And Go Curling– When it gets too hot outside, head inside to the ice that stays cold. PeachtreeCurling in Marietta is just what you’re looking for- before you know it, you’ll be training for the 2022 winter games in Beijing.
4. Become A “Friend of the Pod”– The hottest podcast in the country- Pod Save America- is coming to Atlanta on June 21, at the Cobb Energy Center. An amazing opportunity to check “attend live recording of a podcast” off your very long bucket list.
5. Pick Strawberries… Without Having To Drive For An Hour– There are plenty of “u-pick” farms an hour or so from Atlanta, but how about when you just want to pick some fruit without the schlep, the crowds, and the carnival-like atmosphere? We LOVE Ecosystem Farm in East Atlanta where we can pick, do yoga, take classes and participate in the CSA.
It’s summer, which means it’s time to do something spectacular. Let us know what you end up doing, and what we need to add to our list.
P.S. No trivia question this month. Instead, why don’t you ask me a trivia question? Go ahead, try and stump me. I dare you. If I can’t answer your Atlanta-centric real estate question, I’ll buy you a cup of coffee.