I love double entendres, especially when they’re good for the environment and my wallet. I was recently turned on to GreenPrint, an application that eliminates printing all of those extra unwanted pages. You know what I’m talking about- the “page after the page” that’s got nothing more than a URL, a banner ad, a logo or just some legal jargon. You end up throwing the page away.
GreenPrint helps you save a tree or two. It’s a quick download, and the application basically analyzes each page of every document that you print, so that what you end up printing only what you were intending to print. Nothing more, nothing less.
Here’s the best part: GreenPrint’s free. Can’t beat that.
Their site also has a treasure trove of paper, printing and energy facts and figures. Here are a few that blew me a way:
- Average cost of a wasted page $0.06
- Average employee prints 6 wasted pages per day, that’s 1,410 wasted pages per year
- The average U.S. office worker prints 10,000 pages per year
- While 3 out of 4 office workers print from the Internet, 90% of people with a printer at home print Internet content
- 56% of people ages 45-54 print pages from the Internet for their archives, and only 33% of people ages 18-34 do the same
More facts, here.